Elizabeth Olsen Says 'Scarlet Witch' Is Damaged In THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Written By Unknown on Tuesday 26 November 2013 | 10:43



Doing more press for Spike Lee's Old Boy, the most recently announced addition to the cast of The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen expressed more excitement about her role as Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch. "I hung out with Mr. Whedon recently," the actress told MovieFone when asked where she is currently with the Marvel sequel. "I'm really excited about this movie. I'm so excited about Scarlet Witch. I have had so much fun reading all about her and I am like learning new words that I had to look up on Wikipedia. I'm really enjoying it." When asked what she's most excited about, Olsen replied, "I just love Scarlet Witch. I love her. It's so funny because I'm often talking about all these psychologically damaged people, but when you talk about Scarlet Witch... She is a messed up lady. She has got more sh*t to deal with than anybody else I know. I'm excited to figure out what's appropriate to use for her, because there's so much material from all of these decades, and we're going to tell this one story. So to be able to choose what you're going to bring into it from all of this abundance, it's really fun."



When SourceTV asked Elizabeth Olsen how exactly did discussions of her playing the Scarlet Witch come about, she said "I don’t really know. I’m still kind of shocked by it. My brother’s a big comic book guy, I subsequently love those types of stories. I love sci-fi, I was raised as the biggest fan of “Star Wars.” And so those movies are fun to make. I’m obsessed with the “Iron Man” movies. And I met Joss [Whedon], I had no idea why and yeah! And it ends up being like the coolest [thing], I’m having so much fun just reading right now. It’s really awesome."







Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=90568

0 comments:

Post a Comment