Tim Burton Confirms Winona Ryder Will Return For BEETLEJUICE Sequel

Written By Unknown on Tuesday 16 December 2014 | 03:47





http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33400000/lydia-lydia-deetz-33429316-500-532.jpgDuring a recent interview with MTV, Tim Burton ("Batman") confirmed that he will direct Beetlejuice 2 , and he also confirmed that Winona Ryder ("Star Trek") will reprise her role as 'Lydia Deetz.'Oh yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Oh yeah, oh yeah. Yeah yeah, oh yeah,” Burton said when asked if Ryder was coming back for the sequel. Last year, Ryder hinted that she would be included, even so, it is much nicer to have the director confirm it.

“I worked with [Ryder], I hadn’t seen her in awhile… and she was so great,” Burton said. “I was so happy to see her. So those kinds of elements mean something to me. Michael, and her… and that character, I just miss it, there’s some freedom about that character that I love.”


In a separate interview with Coming Soon, Burton was asked about the possibility of working with Michael Keaton ("Birdman") again and the current status of Beetlejuice 2 .



"It's a character that I love and I miss, and I miss actually working with Michael", Burton said. "There's only one Betelgeuse. We're working on a script and I think it's probably closer than ever and I'd love to work with him again".



It has been almost three decades since the original came out. Can you believe that? God, I'm old. Hopefully, the sequel is right around the corner because if they wait any longer some of the returning cast members could literally play ghosts.






Get More: Music News










Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=112476

0 comments:

Post a Comment