Evangeline Lilly Initially Held Off Joining ANT-MAN After Marvel And Edgar Wright Split

Written By Unknown on Friday 21 November 2014 | 11:30





When Edgar Wright abandoned Ant-Man six months ago, reports had said that the few cast members linked to the movie would be contractually obliged to stay on board as Marvel Studios searched high and low for Wright's replacement. Well, that might have been the case for Paul Rudd (Scott Lang) and Michael Douglas (Hank Pym), who signed on pretty early, but as Ant-Man nears post-production with Peyton Reed in the director's chair, Evangeline Lilly (Hope Van Dyne) has revealed that she had the option to leave. "I was [bummed out] when Edgar and Marvel decided to part ways," the actress admitted to InnerSpace . "I was nervous, and I kind of held off from signing my contract because I actually wanted to wait and see what would happen. I met Peyton [Reed] and we spoke, and I was convinced that I was going to do the project." Now that she's already wrapped filming for the Marvel adaptation, Lilly went on to praise Peyton Reed. He has such impeccable taste, he's so collaborative, so much fun, and so deep into the comic book world," she gushed. "[He] always has been [in that world], all his life, and really knows the genre. I just have no doubt the film is going to be incredible. I think it's gonna be one of Marvel's best." Mighty high praise there. Meanwhile, during a recent Reddit AMA for her children's book, Evangeline Lilly said, "the ants are the coolest part of [Ant-Man]." And when asked if she has anything planned Marvel-wise beyond her debut as Hope Van Dyne next year, the actress responded: "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you." In other words, yes she does. What do you think?



Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world. Directed by Peyton Reed, Ant-Man stars Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Corey Stoll, Evangeline Lilly, David Dastmalchian, Michael Pena, Bobby Cannavale, Abby Ryder Fortson, Judy Greer, Wood Harris, John Slattery and Gregg Turkington with multi-hyphenate T.I., and the film will release July 17, 2015





Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=111400

0 comments:

Post a Comment