Current Status Of The Live-Action COWBOY BEBOP Movie And Chances Of New Anime Series

Written By Unknown on Saturday 1 November 2014 | 11:26

While attending the MCM London Comic Con, celebrated Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy creator Shinichiro Watanabe, updated the status of the live-action Cowboy Bebop movie currently in development at 20th Century Fox. Back in 2011, progress on the film came to a halt and then-attached Spike Spiegel actor Keanu Reeves said the project was dead and that he was too old to play Spike. With that development happening over three-years ago, perhaps the project is finally prepared to move forward in the wake of the success of Edge of Tomorrow? Here's what Shinichiro has to say on the live-action Bebop movie---



(translated)"I'm afraid I don't know what they're thinking in Hollywood. Apparently the project hasn't come to a stop but I don't know how it's going to progress from here on. I hear that there are a lot of "Hollywood" problems."



So the live-action Cowboy Bebop movie isn't dead yet, more like, it's in a non-responsive, vegetable state. Moving on the possibility that the Cowboy Bebop anime could continue on in some way, Shinichiro shared---



(translated)"As I always say, I have no plans to [continue the Cowboy Bebop anime] at the moment. If I ever were to make more Cowboy Bebop, [it] would be because I thought I could do better [than] last time. If I feel that way, I might make more but I don't know when that would happen."










Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=110386

0 comments:

Post a Comment