Robert Downey Jr. Says The Finale Of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Gave Him "Chills"

Written By Unknown on Tuesday 28 October 2014 | 07:04

In an in-depth interview with Screen Rant, Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) discusses various aspects of filming Joss Whedon's Avengers sequel. Their report begins with a brief scene description from "roughly 40% into the movie", which sees Stark try to hack into a central Internet hub in an attempt to find out what Ultron is up to. Yes, apparently the villain's master plan involves taking over the interwebs somehow. After that they ask him various questions about the film (more on that below), but perhaps most interesting is Downey Jr.'s feelings on the finale, and how it manages to avoid third act fatigue. He doesn't give away any details of course, but hints at a chilling ending which will likely involve all of our new characters. Could he be referring to that changing of the guard we've been hearing so much about...or perhaps a major death?






"There was a Rubik’s Cube to how not to make these things have an Act Three, that you’re just going “I really hope you like Acts One and Two because now we’re just gonna do all this stuff!” And to me and I think it was the same thing in Iron Man 3, Act Three was the strongest act. And I think that this is really gunning for that sort of thing because, you know, I love movies. I love these kinds of movies. And so I feel like I’m just a very tolerant kind of consumer with these things but I also feel like the half-life of – if you noticed just how flooded the market is becoming and likely to become potentially even more so I think that there has to be a bit of a transcendence of formula, you know? And so without giving too much away, I think, and why I generally just kinda like stamped it when the first draft came in is ’cause I thought, “Oh wow, it didn’t fall into that trap.” And I read the last page and I got chills for a reason I definitely can’t explain. [LAUGHTER] But there’s a lot of new talent coming in with Aaron Taylor-Johnson and obviously, Lizzie Olsen. And just even seeing Paul Bettany within a thousand miles [LAUGHTER] of the set where we’re shooting is just like “Wow, this is gonna be really cool."





Downey Jr. isn't one for dropping any spoilers, but you can hear what he has to say about how Stark relates to Ultron and Vision, and much more besides, at the link below.





Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=110087

0 comments:

Post a Comment