Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE May Already Have A Composer

Written By Unknown on Friday 15 August 2014 | 08:49





Everyone has been concerned about finding out who'll end up playing Doctor Strange in Marvel's planned adaptation, that the following nugget from San Diego Comic Con seems to have gone unnoticed. During the “Behind the Music: Crime, Death and Resurrection” panel -- which also included Jeff Russo (Fargo), James Levine (American Horror Story), Daniel Licht (Dexter), Brian Reitzell (Hannibal), and Steve Jablonsky (Transformers franchise) -- Scott Derrickson's Sinister/Deliver us From Evil composer Chris Young stated that he looked forward to working with the director on his next project. Perhaps not aware of the level of secrecy Marvel like to maintain when it comes to their movies, he elaborated when pushed:



“Am I gong to do Doctor Strange? Oh, I better had. All I know is, I spoke to [Scott Derrickson] and did a little pitch on the phone and he kind of laughed. He didn’t say, ‘and by the way, you don’t need to, you’re going to do it,’ but even on [Deliver Us From Evil] I had to make him a little pitch to him on the phone. He sent me the script, and he wanted to see my take on it. I mean, I’m hoping. He walked away from [Deliver Us From Evil] beaming… Anyway, we’ll see. Thank you for asking, I swear to God, If he doesn’t hire me I’m going to strangle him.”



Well, let's hope Mr. Derrickson is spared such a fate and hires him. Young has composed the scores for many horror flicks in the past, and also the likes of Spider-Man 3 and Ghost Rider.





Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=106082

0 comments:

Post a Comment