Katy Perry On Accusations She Stole Fashion Sense From KATY KEENE Comics

Written By Unknown on Tuesday 12 August 2014 | 11:37



Over the past few years, people started to notice some striking similarities between Katy Perry's outrageous costumes and those of a comic character named, Katy Keene. Keene, first appeared in Wilbur Comics #5 (1944). She received her own comic in 1949, and was known as "America's Queen of Pin-Ups and Fashions." Readers could submit designs for her clothing. During its run the character was portrayed as a singer, a model and even a movie star.



At some point, the accusations got back to Perry who told Rolling Stone: "I saw that a few months ago and the Internet is so crazy. Like, that's crazy! I want to go get an MRI right now and have them look inside me and make sure I'm not a comic! But what freaked me out about it is, we looked into it, and it turned out she has a sister who's a redhead. And my sister is a redhead! And I was like, '[frick]! Stop it!' I mean, it's pretty interesting. But it's not that deep! Like I would have been, like a physicist if I were that smart, you know what I’m saying? If I was that smart and that calculated, I would be, like, something else."







Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=105871

0 comments:

Post a Comment