Alfred Molina Would Play SPIDER-MAN Villain 'Doctor Octopus' Again "In A Heartbeat"

Written By Unknown on Monday 18 August 2014 | 18:29





When (and if) Sony eventually bring their planned Sinister Six movie to our screens, word is that it'll be Doctor Octopus leading the team. One of Spidey's most recognizable foes, Doc Ock was the villain in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2, where he was played brilliantly by British actor Alfred Molina -- so is there any hope for a role reprisal? Well, since Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-Man movies kick-started a rebooted franchise it seems unlikely, but while chatting to Molina about his new movie Love Is Strange, Collider asked him about it anyway:



“That was the most fun I think I’ve ever had on a movie of that kind, you know, those big, big sort of features where you spend like six months hanging off a wire, you know, and that stuff. But it was the first movie of that kind that I’ve ever been involved in. I had a wonderful time. I loved it. I mean, I’d go back and do it again in a heartbeat.”



But Molina is well aware of how these things work, adding: "“The thing is, no actor owns those roles.” It is a shame though, especially when you consider how well regarded Raimi's trilogy (okay, the first two films!) are when compared to Webb's Amazing Spider-Man and its sequel. When it does come time to cast the character again though, there's no doubt they'll have lots of new talent banging on the door. Even Molina's Love Is Strange co-star John Lithgow fancies the gig: “Maybe they’ll come after me for Doc Ock … how about Doc Ock’s evil twin?”. I'd watch it! More at the link below.





Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=106230

0 comments:

Post a Comment