EDITORIAL: Why AGENT CARTER Will Be Better Than AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Written By Unknown on Friday 2 January 2015 | 09:54







Don't let the teaser fool you. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is an awesome show. It's one of my favorite shows this year (and quite possibly all-time), and I can't wait to see what they'll do with the series.



Now, let's jump back 73 years to the events of the soon-to-air spinoff show Agent Carter, starring Hayley Atwell, who will reprise her role as Peggy Carter from Captain America: The First Avenger. I'm going to point out some reasons why Carter will be better than S.H.I.E.L.D. Scroll down to have a read!













1. It's A Period Piece. A lot of fans didn't care for Captain America: The First Avenger. Why ? Everyone has their reasons, but I liked the film. One of the reasons why I did was because it was set back in the war. I love movies and games set back in time, especially back in WW2. While Captain America focused on the war, the heroes, the fights, etc. However, Agent Carter seems to be steering away from that, going into the “Scarface” realm of things, focusing on gangsters, Noir, and giving more of a darker spin on the world.










2. The Characters. In Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., They started out with Agent Coulson as the only recognizable character to the series, then built their way up by adding cameos from Fury, Maria Hill and more. With Agent Carter, we're getting fan-favorite characters all throughout the series that we've already seen such as Howard Stark, Jarvis, and of course the titular hero that they can build on even more.










3. The Origins Of HYDRA. In Captain America: The First Avenger, we didn't get much of a background for HYDRA, yet they've been one of the biggest impacts to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. With a rumored “huge” villain coming to the show (Arnim Zola, Baron Zemo?) hopefully we'll get some history for the biggest group of Marvel baddies.







So, those are my thoughts. What do you think? Will Agent Carter win? Or will S.H.I.E.L.D. come out as a better show? Be sure to leave your thoughts below, and don't miss the premiere of Agent Carter on January 6 at 9/8c on ABC!









Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/starksnewsandreviews/news/?a=113013

0 comments:

Post a Comment