William Shatner Confirms STAR TREK 3 Cameo Has Been Offered

Written By Unknown on Saturday 27 September 2014 | 15:42



Five days ago, sources told Badass Digest that a pivotal role had been written for William Shatner in Star Trek 3 , and that it would involve him sharing scenes with Leonard Nimoy. The original Kirk and Spock haven't been together on screen since 1991's Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Two days later, Shatner responded to the rumor by tweeting:



"I don't know anything about the current gossip. Nobody has contacted me. Right now it's just rhetoric to cause hype."



Earlier today, Shatner was in attendance at the Wizard World Nashville Comic Con and confirmed that producer J.J. Abrams has reached out to him about making an appearance in Star Trek 3 .



Abrams told him, “I’m calling because the director of Star Trek, the next movie, has had an idea where you might be involved, so I’m calling to find out whether you would be interested.



"It’s all over the Internet that the director had held an interview and said they want Shatner and Nimoy to be in the next movie," Shatner added. "I’ll bet you J.J.’s frothing at the mouth at this point. So the news is out that they have an idea that they want Leonard and myself…they might want Leonard and myself in it. But I would love to do it. But how do you get me fifty years later into the movie? I mean how do you rationalize it. I know it’s science fiction, but even I couldn’t come up with an idea. So that’s the news on that.”



Most of us had thought we had seen the last of William Shatner as James Tiberius "Jim" Kirk after seeing him die 1994's Star Trek Generations while helping Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) defeat Dr. Tolian Soran (Malcolm McDowell). Then J.J. Abrams took over the franchise and gave it a hip reboot. There was of course a cameo appearance by Leonard Nimoy in 2009's Star Trek, but there was also a cameo written for Shatner. His role was cut before filming ever began.





Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=108339

0 comments:

Post a Comment