Manu Bennett On Bringing 'Deathstroke' Back To ARROW; Wants To Share Scenes With 'Ra's Al Ghul'

Written By Unknown on Sunday 28 September 2014 | 13:05


Manu Bennett has arguably been one of THE best parts of Arrow since he first appeared as Slade Wilson in the first season, with his take on the costumed Deathstroke during the second taking the character to a level which has seen many fans demand that he play the villain on the big screen. During a recent appearance at the Wizard World Nashville Comic Con (via ComicBook.com ), the actor was asked when we might see him return to The CW series. "Realistically, when we talk about storyline, they threw me into a really interesting place, Purgatory. And you know, I’m left at the end, shaking the bars, going, ‘I keep my promises, kid.’ And I think I meant it. So I don’t think that they are just going to let that voice subside into the vast abyss."



So, quite a vague answer there, but Bennett would go on to reveal that Deathstroke WILL return at some point in the future. "But at this stage, I don’t know. They said at the end of the season last year, they said, ‘Look, we want you back. We want you back.’ But there’s been no indication yet of how they’ll go about that at any point in time, right now." As for what he hopes to see the villain do when and if he does come back - hopefully sometime this year - The Hobbit star had this to say: "I know that Matt Nable, who’s an Australian actor who I worked with on the Sons of Anarchy kind-of-biker series last year, maybe just the year before in Australia, just got cast as Ra’s Al Ghul. I mean this guy was playing the head of the biker gang that I was in. I was the tough guy in the biker gang, but he was like the head. And he’s got such an intensity to him. But I don’t know, man, if it ever comes down to him and me facing off in a scene, "whew," I mean Stephen Amell is really going to have to bring it to the fire at that stage. It’s going to be two Aussies, it’s going to be an Aussie and New Zealander just sitting there and going “whew.” I look forward to that. Matt Nable is a great actor." When would like to see Deathstroke's return?






Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=108372

0 comments:

Post a Comment