Simon Pegg Talks ANT-MAN Casting; Nick Frost Would Be Interested In Playing 'The Thing'

Written By Unknown on Friday 13 December 2013 | 02:43





The World's End director Edgar Wright has been attached to direct Ant-Man for years, but the movie will FINALLY be released not too long after The Avengers: Age of Ultron in 2015. Over the years, many actors have been suggested for the titular role by fans, but Star Trek Into Darkness' Simon Pegg has easily been one of the most popular. "If I was Edgar, I wouldn’t cast me in Ant-Man, because I think he obviously has to spread his wings as a director and be seen not to just come with me as a package," the actor laughed when asked about possibly joining the cast of the film in a recent interview with SFX. "Same with Nick. We need to do things separately so we don’t ultimately get seen as coming as a double act. You know, Ant-Man would be enormous fun to be in, but I think Ant-Man himself has to be a lot younger than me for a start. And there probably isn’t a part for me. If Edgar asked me, I’d think about it. But as his friend and his lawyer, I would advise strongly against asking me."



As for Nick Frost - the actor who has joined Pegg in each instalment of Wright's Cornetto Trilogy - he said that "You’ll have to wait and see," when it comes to whether or not his frequent collaborator taking on Ant-Man will open the door for him to star in a Marvel movie. "But which character would I be on screen? I don’t think there are many superheroes who are big men, essentially. Who do we have? I think my choices are really nil. I think Ben Grimm or the Rhino." When the site told him that Paul Giamatti will be playing that character in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and that The Fantastic Four is being rebooted by Josh Trank, Frost added: "Oh, then I could be Ben Grimm. Yeah, nice. Alright, I’m going to be Ben Grimm."





Source: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=91492

0 comments:

Post a Comment